Supervisor Development ProgrammeFebruary 22, 2022 2023-03-07 12:15
Supervisor Development Programme
Supervisor Development Programme
Achieve Your NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Work Supervision and CSCS Gold Card*Through engagement with employers and learners JRS have identified a gap in the industry whereby up and coming supervisors need further development prior to being assessed in the workplace. We understand that management are overstretched and can find it difficult to allocate time to the development of their staff. This programme will equip your staff with the necessary skills, knowledge and training to go back out to the workplace as competent supervisors. *CSCS Gold Card awarded after successful completion of CSCS MAP test.
Benefits of the JRS Supervisor Development Programme Course
An alternative route for Gangers and Supervisors to develop into established Construction Professionals.
Course Structure and Qualification
The course is made up of 8 units:
- Produce a sequence of work.
- Assess the required resources for a project (Labour, plant, materials, information).
- Produce a work method for a task.
- Assess the health and safety requirements required (Welfare, first aid, fire, emergency plan).
- Produce a risk assessment on a set task.
- Complete an RFI and complete RFI register.
- Obtain HSE information/manufacturers information.
- Produce a CoSHH assessment.
- Produce a risk assessment for a task involving plant,
- equipment or vehicles.
- Create a traffic management plan for a construction site.
- Produce a method statement for a task involving plant
- Produce a report on the unsuitability of an operator.
- Conduct a plant/equipment check and keep a record.
- Produce an off hire request for plant/equipment.
- Produce a plant/equipment request. Specify dates, location, duration, known hazards for access/egress.
- Produce a programme of works.
- Produce a resources required list based upon the programme of works.
- Produce a plan of works for a pre-start meeting based upon a scenario.
- Produce a three day site diary.
- Carry out a site scoping visit and document your findings.
- Conduct a progress investigation.
- Produce a progress report.
- Investigate reasons for progress problems.
- Identify and produce a report on inappropriate resources.
- Produce a report on possible corrective actions.
- Prepare and give a Toolbox talk.
- Identify different communication methods for appropriate situations.
- Identifying unplanned circumstances on site.
- Managing site resources.
- Produce a site plan for optimal storage and usage of materials.
- Identifying potential sources of information.
- Who is responsible for meeting contractual, industry and manufacturers standards.
- Carry out a quality inspection.
- Identify possible solutions to the snags.
- Produce a snagging report and send to line manager.
- Equality and Diversity explained.
- Appropriate communication styles.
- Types of communication relevant to construction.
- How to give advice and guidance appropriately.
- Conflict Management techniques.
- Virtual site inspection including hazard identification task.
- Produce a report providing recommendations on how to improve the site.
- Produce and deliver a Toolbox talk.
- Produce a Risk assessment and Method statement.
- Produce an outline site induction.
- Carry out a site induction – Use CITB online card checker.
- Identify what are ACOPS.
What Resources Will Be Provided:
- A course workbook to complete during the course which they can keep.
- The CITB GE/706 Site Supervisors Health and Safety Book.
- The CITB Traffic Management Templates XA6D.
- Forms and documents from the JRS management system to complete throughout the course.
- Course question paper which will form part of the NVQ.
To complete this course you must have:
- At least 3 years construction experience.
- Be actively engaged in a supervisory role.
- Computer skills to use word and excel (we will provide the format).
- A personal desire to learn and achieve this qualification and not be pushed by the employer.
Book your place today!
If you would like further information regarding the JRS Training 'Occupational Work Supervision' Course or would like to book a place, contact us today or send us your enquiry using the form below.
Fill out this form and one of our team will be in touch.
Our student reviews
“I found the course a real eye opener and learnt a lot of things I didn’t know. Found the teacher really good and explained things clearly and if you wasn’t 100% he would break it down. I would definitely recommend “
Andrew WhiddenSupervisor - Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council
“I have worked with JRS training for a number of years now. JRS have delivered training and NVQ assessments for my company at different sites with a number of learners. Their training packages are always very interesting and interactive and get the important point of the training across to the learners. James has the ability to get the best out of each learner, encouraging them to reach their full potential and achieve their occupational qualifications. In addition to the training delivered to my staff, I personally achieved my NVQ Level 6 with James as the assessor. James enabled me to both demonstrate my experience in the construction industry and achieve my Level 6 NVQ. He encouraged and guided me through the assessment, allowing me to effectively present the knowledge and skills that I had gained during my years in Construction management.”
Ken McConnachieProject Manager – Erith
"It is always a pleasure working with James and his team. Not only are they responsive and adaptive but also customer focussed which has encouraged our members to go back for additional training. A lot of our members have put their staff through NVQ’s with James and the feedback has always been 100% positive. Therefore, if anyone asks us which provider to use to obtain an NVQ, JRS is always who we recommend."
Lisa LawrenceDorset Construction Training Forum
"I have recently carried out my NVQ Level 7 with JRS Training and Assessment. The support I received was great throughout this course, which ensured I always felt in control. The trainer and training facilities were very professional and comfortable, leading to several high quality but relaxed meetings. I will definitely be using JRS Training and Assessment again, and certainly recommend them to the rest of my team.”
Mike RevyProject Manager – R & W Rail
“I can thoroughly recommend JRS Training. They are my ‘go to’ provider for all our Construction, Health & Safety and NVQ Training needs.”
Dave ElliottManaging Director - GC Finishing’s
“Thanks again for driving me to get this over the line! A great achievement on your part! Much appreciated and if ever you need a reference don’t hesitate to let me know.”
Walter ShaveSenior Project Manager – Axis Europe
“We have been working with JRS training for a few years now, they have been consummate professionals in the delivery of training and assessments. They are always available, always there for assistance if required and always deliver with a smile. I have had great feedback from my candidates that have completed NVQ’s assessments carried out by the assessors at JRS.”
James GostlingTraining Manager - Erith
"James and the team have been great with training and administration of booking the training. Nothing is too much hassle and all questions are answered promptly. Everyone that has completed SMSTS or First Aid courses with James and the team have enjoyed their day and come away with qualifications. We are growing significantly and will be using JRS Training again as soon as we have staff to put through the courses."
Zoe FurzeyHR Coordinator - Harmony Fire Ltd
“Thanks again for delivering a great course and decrypting the overly complicated ways the NVQ body set out their questions. I‘d definitely recommend JRS for future Training Programmes.”
Tom ReillySite Manager - Obedair Construction
“I could not have hoped for a better tutor to guide me and cannot thank you enough for the extra miles you go to make it as easy as possible.”
Chris SmartSite Manager - Glossbrook Builders Ltd
"Thank you so much! I just want to say thanks for all your help James. You were helpful and easy to talk to and I found, albeit a little too late, that being recorded wasn’t as bad as I built it up in my head!"
Ashley NotmanProject Manager
“I’d just like to say a massive thank you for all your hard work pushing us boys through and keeping us motivated, I can imagine it was like herding cats at times! I wasn’t sure what to expect at the start but you made everything feel effortless. Personally, it pushed me out of my comfort zone in areas which have really benefitted my work practices. Speaking to the other lads I know they feel the same. I’m positive we’ll use you guys in the future and look forward to working with you again.”