Manual HandlingFebruary 24, 2023 2023-10-13 10:16
If you’re looking for a Manual Handling course in Bournemouth or other areas in the South of England, then look no further. We regularly hold Manual Handling courses at our training office in Poole, Dorset. Alternatively, we can come to you to deliver the Manual Handling course on-site or nearby in areas including but not limited to Southampton, Portsmouth, London, Weymouth, Dorchester, Plymouth, the Isle of Wight, Yeovil and Exeter.
For more information or to book your Manual Handling course, get in touch to speak to one of our friendly and knowledgeable team members.
Who is the Manual Handling course for?
If you are an employee or self-employed and work in a controlled environment, this course is for you. It is especially important if you are carrying out repetitive tasks that involve manual handling
Manual Handling Course Overview
It is important that manual handling is done correctly to avoid injury. Taking this assessment will give you the practical knowledge you need to understand the risks involved if you handle items incorrectly
Manual Handling Course Details
This is a half-day course but in that time you’ll learn the skills of manual handling with background theory and practice. You’ll look at the types of injuries caused by incorrect handling and how to stay safe when performing tasks
Manual Handling Course Length
- State the principles of safe lifting to minimise risk of injury
- Be aware of parts of your body that are at risk of injury due to poor handling techniques and understand common injuries and how they occur
- Better recognise the hazards of manual handling and how to help reduce them in your workplace
Manual Handling Course Content
- Introduction to manual handling
- Manual handling and the law
- The musculoskeletal system
- Mechanics of movement
- Types of manual handling injuries
- Risk assessment
- Control measures for reducing the risks of harm
- Principles of safer handling
- Manual handling equipment