Book your NVQ here.
Building and Civil Engineering
The NVQ Level 4 qualification is devised for delegates who work in construction. The qualification is intended to assess a learner’s capability to work in their occupation, as they are required to present their knowledge and ability in the workplace to a standard which is acceptable for the construction industry. The course is designed so that the learner can gain the qualification in a working environment.
£1,500 + VAT
Approx. 9 – 18 months
Who is it for:
This course is for Assistant Managers and Supervisors within the construction sector who are looking to obtain their Gold CSCS Card or Gold Supervisory Card.
The learner will be assessed on site through a range of methods. Such as professional discussions, witness testimonials, observations, written questions and evidence generated from the workplace. The compulsory course structure includes the following mandatory units:
- Maintaining Systems for Health, Safety, Welfare and Environmental Protection in the Workplace
- Assessing and Recommending Work Methods for Carrying Out Site Operations in the Workplace
- Planning Activities and Resources to Meet Work Requirements in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating and Organising the Control of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Progress Against Agreed Programmes in the Workplace
- Allocating and Monitoring the Use of Plant, Equipment or Machinery in the Workplace
In order to progress down the Building and Civil Engineering pathway; you need to complete the below mandatory units:
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Maintaining Supplies of Materials to Meet Project Requirements in the Workplace
- Implementing Communication Systems for Construction Projects in the Workplace
- Maintaining the Dimensional Accuracy of Work in the Workplace
- Controlling Work Against Agreed Standards in the Workplace
- Contributing to the Control of Work Quantities and Costs in the Workplace
- Co-ordinating Preparation Work for Site or Lifting Operations in the Workplace
- Allocating Work and Checking People’s Performance in the Workplace
Learners must be 16 or over and be working as a Site Supervisor or Assistant Manager. Before gaining authorisation of enrollment onto the course the learner must complete a questionnaire and provide that they are in suitable employment to be able to complete the course.
Further qualifications include the Level 6 NVQ in Construction Site Management.