This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who might need to provide first aid by responding to a wide range accidents, injuries and illnesses that they could encounter in their workplace.
£249 + VAT
This course covers treatment for a variety of injuries and medical conditions that could be encountered in the workplace and provides learners with a more comprehensive understanding of First Aid, in addition to the topics covered on an ‘Emergency First Aid At Work’ course.
Learners will develop the first aid skills and confidence to help someone who:
- Is unresponsive and breathing
- Is unresponsive and not breathing, including how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Is choking / bleeding / suffering from shock
- Has burns / Feels faint
- Has been poisoned
- Has a head injury
- Has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
- Has an injury to a bone, muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
Learners will also be able to help a casualty who is having a:
- Seart attack, including the administration of aspirin
- Angina attack
- Asthma attack
- Severe allergic reaction
- Diabetic emergency
The course also includes information on:
- Assessing a casualty
- Monitoring a casualty
- Where to get help
- Electrical incidents
- Accident recording and reporting
- The control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
The course runs from 9am until 5pm each day, with a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions. We recommend that you bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets on site or nearby.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support them.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate and we limit group size to 12 people.
Each learner receives a training pack including a host of resources to help them practice the skills covered. The pack includes a course companion workbook, first aid manual, bandages and more.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years by the British Red Cross. This course meets the requirements specified by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The HSE requires 18 contact hours for this course. Learners must attend all sessions to be eligible for assessment, which is done by continuous observation and questioning during the course. For more information on this course please contact us.
Based on your needs, the nature of your organisation and the risks staff may face, we recommend the ‘Emergency First Aid At Work’ course – our most comprehensive training option which covers the widest range of injury and illness scenarios.
This three day course is deal for large organisations, high risk industries (e.g. construction) and organisation which have staff with known medical conditions; as at least of these is true of your workplace, we suggest this course is most suitable for your needs at this time.
- About JRS Training & Assessment
- Asbestos Awareness
- Book An NVQ
- Candidate Registration
- Contact us
- Emergency First Aid At Work
- First Aid At Work
- First Aid Training Courses
- Front Page
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Health & Safety Consultancy Services
- JRS Training & Assessment: Latest News
- JRS Training Courses
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Plant Operations (360° Excavator)
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Plant Operations (Forward Tipping Dumper)
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Plant Operations (Ride-On Roller)
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Removal of Hazardous Waste (Asbestos)
- NVQ 3 Diploma In Demolition (Construction)
- NVQ 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
- NVQ 4 Diploma In Construction Site Supervision
- NVQ 6 Construction Diploma In Site Management (Demolition)
- NVQ 6 Diploma Construction Contracting Operations (GEN)
- NVQ 6 Diploma Construction Site Management (RES)
- NVQ 6 Diploma In Construction Site Management (BCE)
- NVQ 7 Diploma In Construction Senior Management
- Our Terms & Privacy
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- We have received your Course Booking
- We have received your Registration
- You have booked you NVQ
- You have booked your Course!
- You have cancelled your Booking / Payment
- Your Message has been sent…
- Your Training Team