First Aid at Work: RefresherOctober 7, 2021 2021-10-07 17:40
- JRS Training & Assessment LTD - B18 Bizspace, 551-553 Wallisdown Road, Poole, Dorset BH12 5AG
- 2022-02-16 8:00 to 2022-02-18 17:00
Contact event manager
Book your tickets
First Aid at Work: Refresher
2022-02-16 8:00 to 2022-02-18 17:00
February 16, 2022
This refresher brings your First Aid knowledge up to date, as well as giving you a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. It builds on the material in the original course.
This course covers treatment for a variety of injuries and medical conditions that could be encountered in the workplace and provides learners with a more comprehensive understanding of First Aid, in addition to the topics covered on the ‘First Aid At Work’ course.
Learners will develop the first aid skills and confidence to help someone who:
- Is unresponsive and breathing
- Is unresponsive and not breathing, including how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Is choking / bleeding / suffering from shock
- Has burns / Feels faint
- Has been poisoned
- Has a head injury
- Has hypothermia or heat exhaustion
- Has an injury to a bone, muscle or joint (including spinal injuries)
Learners will also be able to help a casualty who is having a:
- Seart attack, including the administration of aspirin
- Angina attack
- Asthma attack
- Severe allergic reaction
- Diabetic emergency
The course also includes information on:
- Assessing a casualty
- Monitoring a casualty
- Where to get help
- Electrical incidents
- Accident recording and reporting
- The control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
The course runs from 9am until 5pm each day, with a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions. We recommend that you bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets on site or nearby.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support them.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate and we limit group size to 12 people.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive a first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years by the British Red Cross. This course meets the requirements specified by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.