This course is suitable for people aged 16+ who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill while at work.
£119 + VAT
This course gives learners the skills and confidence to respond to a range of accidents and first aid emergencies which could be encountered in the workplace.
Learners will develop the skills and confidence to help someone who is:
- Unresponsive and not breathing, including how to use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Unresponsive and breathing
- Having a seizure
- Bleeding heavily
- Suffering from shock
The course also includes information on:
- Assessing a casualty
- Monitoring a casualty
- Where to get help
- Electrical incidents
- Accident recording and reporting
- The control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH)
The one day course runs from 9am until 5pm each day, with a lunch break between the morning and afternoon sessions. We recommend that you bring your own lunch, as not all venues have food outlets on site or nearby.
Delivered in a classroom setting, this course offers a practical, hands-on approach that delivers the skills and confidence to use first aid skills in a real life situation. For added reassurance, each learner is assessed throughout the course using a range of practical demonstrations, question and answer sessions, quizzes and engaging activities designed to coach and support them.
To ensure you get the most effective learning experience, learners must be physically able to participate and we limit group size to 12 people.
Each learner receives a training pack including a host of resources to help them practice the skills covered. The pack includes a course companion workbook, bandages and more.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive an emergency first aid at work certificate which is valid for three years by the British Red Cross. This course meets the requirements specified by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
The HSE requires six contact hours for this course. Assessment is done by continuous observation and questioning during the course. For more information on this course please contact us.
Based on your needs, the nature of your organisation and the risks staff may face, we recommend the ‘First Aid At Work Course’ – a popular training option which covers common injuries and illnesses.
This one day course is ideal for individuals and small to medium-sized organisations and/or low risk industries (e.g. retail)*; as at least one of these is true of your workplace, we suggest this course is most suitable for your needs at this time.
- About JRS Training & Assessment
- Asbestos Awareness
- Book An NVQ
- Candidate Registration
- Contact us
- Emergency First Aid At Work
- First Aid At Work
- First Aid Training Courses
- Front Page
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Health & Safety Consultancy Services
- JRS Training & Assessment: Latest News
- JRS Training Courses
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Plant Operations (360° Excavator)
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Plant Operations (Forward Tipping Dumper)
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Plant Operations (Ride-On Roller)
- NVQ 2 Diploma In Removal of Hazardous Waste (Asbestos)
- NVQ 3 Diploma In Demolition (Construction)
- NVQ 3 Diploma in Occupational Work Supervision
- NVQ 4 Diploma In Construction Site Supervision
- NVQ 6 Construction Diploma In Site Management (Demolition)
- NVQ 6 Diploma Construction Contracting Operations (GEN)
- NVQ 6 Diploma Construction Site Management (RES)
- NVQ 6 Diploma In Construction Site Management (BCE)
- NVQ 7 Diploma In Construction Senior Management
- Our Terms & Privacy
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- We have received your Course Booking
- We have received your Registration
- You have booked you NVQ
- You have booked your Course!
- You have cancelled your Booking / Payment
- Your Message has been sent…
- Your Training Team