N214 Ride-On RollerJune 23, 2020 2022-02-24 14:34
N214 Ride-On Roller
N214 Ride-On Roller
This course is aimed at those people who wish to develop thier skills and obtain a formal qualification for operating a Ride-On Roller.
Learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years. Learners must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors. NPORS maintains both national and international standards by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
The NPORS Assessment includes a Theory Evaluation made up of open and multiple choice questions and a NPORS Practical Assessment.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years.
Upon successful completion of this course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for roller use
- Prepare the roller for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures