N202 – Excavator 360°January 10, 2022 2023-04-25 11:48
N202 – Excavator 360°
N202 – Excavator 360°
This course is aimed at those people who wish to develop thier skills and obtain a formal qualification for operating a 360° Excavator.
Learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years. Learners must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors. NPORS maintains both national and international standards by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
The NPORS Assessment includes a Theory Evaluation made up of open and multiple choice questions and a NPORS Practical Assessment.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years.
Upon successful completion of this course you will:
- Gain a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and responsibilities as a plant operator
- Learn a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Excavator use
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Safely mount and dismount the machine
- Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
- Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
- Carrying out excavating tasks
- Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
- Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
- Fit and remove attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures