N201 Excavator 180°June 23, 2020 2022-04-05 10:10
N201 Excavator 180°
N201 Excavator 180°
This course is aimed at people who require the knowledge and practical skills needed to safely operate and correctly maintain a Forward Tipping Mini Dumper.
Learners applying for the NPORS CSCS Card, or those requiring the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years. Learners must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors. NPORS maintains both national and international standards by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
The NPORS Assessment includes a Theory Evaluation made up of open and multiple choice questions and a NPORS Practical Assessment.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years.
Upon successful completion of this course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with the manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for forward tipping mini dumper use
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Prepare the forward tipping mini dumper for use and operate safely and efficiently
- Attachments set correctly for operation
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of forward tipping mini dumper / implements / attachments
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures