N132 – Plant MoverJanuary 13, 2022 2023-04-25 11:46
N132 – Plant Mover
N132 – Plant Mover
This is course provides training in the non operational movement of plant machinery and is aimed at operators who won’t be required to operate plant machinery to its full capacity.
For learners that require the ‘HS&E TESTED Logo’ displayed on their card they must have passed the CITB Operatives Health, Safety and Environment Test within the last 2 years. Learners must also have a good understanding of spoken and written English.
The National Plant Operators Registration Scheme is one of the UK’s leading Accreditation and Registration Bodies, working across the Construction, Industrial, Utilities, Warehousing and Distribution, Agricultural, Ports and Marine sectors. NPORS maintains both national and international standards by working with industry and Accredited Training Providers.
The NPORS Assessment includes a Theory Evaluation made up of open and multiple choice questions and a NPORS Practical Assessment.
Certification for this course is valid for 5 years.
Upon successful completion of this course you will:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for plant mover use
- Prepare machinery for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
- Environmental considerations Storage and transport of machinery attachments
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures