Electrical SafetyJune 26, 2020 2020-07-03 10:24
Electricity can kill. Unfortunately in the UK alone there are around 1000 accidents (including fatalities) each year at work involving electric shock or burns that are reported to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Of these there are 20 deaths from electric shock or burns at work and most of these accidents could be avoided by careful planning of work and following simple precautions. This is why electrical safety is so important.
This interactive and engaging electrical safety course is designed to give you an awareness of the safe use of electricity at work and outlines basic measures to reduce the risks of injury. The course uses a combination of engaging animation, user interaction, video, audio, text and images to ensure that this safety critical information is digested and understood.
By the end of the course you will have learned about:
- An understanding of the basic principles and measures of electricity
- The Electricity at Work regulations and how they apply to you
- What are electrical hazards
- How electricity harms the body
- Understanding simple first aid precautions
- A knowledge of fire and explosion risks
- General office and workplace safety tips
- Understanding plug, socket and cable safety
- PAT testing and maintenance