Anti-money launderingJune 26, 2020 2020-07-03 10:49
Complying with anti-money laundering regulations (AML) is vital for all organisations. The AML regulations place several key responsibilities on your organisation and you must ensure that you are fulfilling your training duties and obligations.
This easy to follow yet comprehensive course will show your employees how to recognise money laundering red flags, the importance of knowing your customer and due diligence as well as how to report money laundering and dealing with high risk clients.
By the end of the course you will have learned about:
- What money laundering is.
- How the process of money laundering takes place.
- The legal background to money laundering and your responsibilities in helping to prevent it.
- How money laundering relates to terrorism and crime.
- To who and what money laundering regulations apply.
- What should be featured in an anti-money laundering training programme.
- What a ‘regulated business’ is.
- What you or your business should do to combat the threat of money laundering.
- How to devise a money laundering policy.
- What a ‘nominated officer’ is.
- How to protect yourself and your business from being implicated in money laundering cases.
- What ‘due diligence’ is and how to do it.
- When to apply ‘enhanced due diligence’.
- What is acceptable proof of identity.
- What a ‘beneficial owner’ is.
- What records should be kept.
- How to spot money laundering ‘red flags’.